Detroit River Elizabeth Park; Trenton, Michigan October 10 & 11, 2020 7:30 am - 3:30 pm
50/50 Drawing, Raffle, & Cash Tables Tickets for a 50/50 drawing and miscellaneous raffles will be sold during Registration. These raffles will pay for the costs.
The R & B Bass Circuit pays back 100%. Thus, every dollar that has been collected by all divisions throughout the season will be paid back at this event. Our account will have $0.00 after October 11.
Cost to participate is $100.
All R & B Bass Circuit tournaments pay back 1 spot for every 5 teams, with a maximum of 10 paid spots. Money has been added to the pot after each tournament and every dollar from the membership fee has also been added. To see how much has been collected, check out the Payback page.
A Big Bass Prize will be awarded each day.
There are three ways to qualify for the classic. Each division will follow this criteria:
1. Any team who has participated in all 5 regular-season tournaments automatically qualifies regardless of their finish in the Year-to-Date Standings.
2. The top 50% of teams, from an average field of a regular season tournament, in final standings will qualify for the classic. For example: we currently average 51 teams per tournament, thus, the top 26 teams in the standings will qualify. Any team who finished higher than 26th place, but participated in all 6 tournaments still qualifies.
3. Any team attending and participating in 4 tournaments from any division and also attends and participates in 2 tournaments from other divisions for a total of 6 tournaments will qualify for the classic.
However, Tournament Directors do not count. If directors are fortunate to finish in the top 50%, they will not take a team out of the tournament. Hence, in the example above, if directors finished 5th place overall, the top 27 teams would actually qualify.
Rules & Boat Order
There will be no rule changes from the regular-season tournaments with the exception of starting order and length.
For teams fishing all 6 tournament in one division the starting order will be determined by the final Standings. The team standing in 1st place in the division with the highest average turnout will be boat 1. The team standing in 1st place in the division with the second highest average will be boat 2 and so on... Teams fishing 4 tournaments in one division and four in other divisions will start at the back and after all teams that have fished 6 regular tournaments. The order will then follow the same procedure as before by final standards and division with the highest average turnout. Since Registration and the Pre-Tournament meeting will be conducted Friday night, teams should launch immediately upon arrival. Boat #1 will take off promptly at 8:00. If a team is not present when their number is called, they will be sent to the back of the line! To insure an 8:00 take off, it is vital all teams arrive early.
The tournament will be 8 hours long each day.
Take off will be held at Elizabeth Park each day. Click on the link for details and directions.
This fishery needs no introduction. The Detroit River was the site of the 2018 Classic and smashed records. Andrew Quillen and Heath Wagner won with a 2-day total weight of 48.38 pounds of smallmouth. Giant smallmouths lurk throughout the Detroit River, Lake Erie, and Lake St. Clair. Teams are free to fish any of the waters.
Heath Wagner shared great insight to this fishery in the video below:
OFF-LIMITS All connecting waters will become off limits at 5:00 pm October 9. No Exceptions!
Registration & Pre-Tournament Meeting
Registration will begin at 5:30 at Elizabeth Park. At least one member from each team must register and be in attendance for the meeting afterward.
Teams do not need to win the event to cash in. In fact, they can finish in the 30's so long as they are the top team with the product installed. Teams must register their products during Registration Friday night (see below) and photo of product will be taken at weigh-in.
Purchase these products at Megaware Keelguard. Members can get 25% off their purchase with the Promotional Code: abuss25.
New for 2020: The cost to participate for the Classic has been raised to $100. Still, 100% of this money will be paid back. See below.
1. Mark Farver & Steve Kline (W1) 2. Larry Stanley & Dave Terry (E1) 3. John Gipson & Tom Noe (S1) 4. Scott & Leanne Sizemore (W2) 5. Brian McNeal & Robert Pereira (W3) 6. Bo Boyd & Kenny Yoder (E3) 7. Cory Gaff & Bill Sutton (W4) 8. Jim Graham & Greg Rekeweg (E4) 9. Tim Pugh & Dan Truex (S4) 10. Jeremiah Bolhoefer & Jamie Elliott (W5) 11. Tyler Burton & Will Nutting (E5) 12. Adam & Chloe Yeagley (S5) 13. Steve Prange & Gary Price (W6) 14. Brian & Derek Molnar (E6) 15. Damon Binkley & Austin Brinkman (S6)
16. Lavon & Mike Raber (E7) 17. Matt Kiefer & Tom Stark (S7) 18. Brad & Clay Sterling (W8) 19. JR & Jay Troyer (S8) 20. Booy Strock & Calvin Yoder (E9) 21. Cal Clouser & Shawn Hamrick (S9) 22. Dave Brown & Terry Schoettmer (W10) 23. Jeremiah King & Cole Shultz (W11) 24. Andy Buss & John Dupont (W12) 25. Trevor Paulus & Dave Selig (W14) 26. Troy Taylor & Ryan Deveau (E14) 27. Kevin McClurg & Rich Roy (W15) 28. Shaun Callaway & Jeremy Larson (W16) 29. Doug Fasick & Don Orn (E16) 30. Joe DeNardo & Mark Morse (6 Events)
Day 1 Total - 26.13 LB
Day 2 Total - 27.98 LB
Congratulationsto Steve Kline and Mark Farver for winning the 2020 R&B Classic with a two day total of 54.11 Lb The team dominated taking both Big Bass honors with a 5.47 Big Bass on day one and a 5.79 Big Bass on day two.
2nd Place - Congratulations to Dereck Molnar and Brian Molnar on their two day total of 39.01 Lbs
4th Place - Congratulations to Steve Prang and Gary Price on their two day total of 35.88 Lbs
3rd Place - Congratulations to Dave Terry and Larry Stanley on their two day total of 37.17 Lbs
5th Place - Congratulations to Andy Buss and John Dupont on their two day total of 35.59 Lbs