1. There will be a mandatory meeting 20 minutes prior to take off. One member must be present.
2. Boat order will be determined by random draw for first 40 entrants, after which, teams will be numbered by order of registration. Any team who registers during or after the pre-tournament meeting will not draw for a number. They will be deemed the call boat.
3. Livewells must be inspected before take off. All boats must pass by the Take Off Boat with their livewells open for inspection.
4. Five fish limit: smallmouth, largemouth, and spotted.
5. Dead fish weighed will result in ¼ pound penalty from total weight. A dead fish cannot be weighed for a team's big fish. Note: state law prohibits returning dead fish to water.
6. Weighing in a short fish will result in the loss of that fish as well the loss of big bass. A courtesy bump is available.
7. Any team coming to the weigh-in with more than 5 bass will be disqualified. Culling must be done on the water, during tournament hours.
8. Check-in time will be announced at the pre-tournament meeting. THERE WILL BE NO GRACE TIME. IF YOU ARE LATE, YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
9. Safety, good sportsmanship, and courtesy will be expected and enforced. Failure to comply may result in disqualification.
10. A one time, $30 team membership fee must be paid before participation in any tournament. (100% of membership fees will be placed into classic pot.) The membership fee allows a team to fish all THREE Divisions.
11. Each tournament costs $70 (this includes the Big Bass) and must be paid before the tournament. Only cash will be accepted at the ramp. The big bass money will pay back two spots: 80% and 20% respectively.
12. Payback will be 1 team for every 5 teams participating with a maximum of 10 paid spots. 90% of entry fees will be paid back at each tournament. The remaining 10% will be placed in the classic pot. $10 of each entry is placed into the big bass pot. All moneys can be tracked on the website.
13. In the event of a tie, big bass will break the tie. If big bass is also a tie, teams will split evenly.
14. A cash prize up to $400 will be awarded to the Points Champions. If the average field is 40 or more boats, $400 will be awarded to the Season Champions. If 30 boats is the average, $300 will be awarded, and so forth. Points are accumulated by the following:
• 10 points for participation at each tournament
• 30 points for 1st place, 29 points for 2nd place, 28 points for 3rd place, etc.
• Total weight will be added to total points at one point per pound.
15. Substitutes are allowed, but only one substitute per division. One member of the team must be present. A member may fish solo anytime. No substitutes are allowed at the Classic. It is mandatory for the team members to present their substitute to the tournament director at registration, and that the substitute fill out a release of liability (entry form) and team member print their name, team number and sign. Failure to do so will result in the team forfeiting their points and the tournament will not count toward eligibility for the classic. Teams found in violation will not be eligible for a refund
16. Top 50% of teams from an average field in the final standings will qualify for the classic. Also, any team participating in all 6 tournaments from any division will automatically qualify for the classic. For Classic details, see Classic rules on front.
17. Trolling is not allowed.
18. Only artificial baits may be used with only a single rod at any one time.
19. All State and Federal rules/laws will be strictly enforced: this includes boating laws.
20. Life Jackets are required and must be worn anytime the gas engine is running.
21. All boats must have an aerated livewell in working order.
22. All boat owners must have sufficient liability insurance to cover any accident.
23. Teams with schedule conflicts may pay for a single tournament, receive participation points for an event, and not attend. However, this can only be done ONE time per season per division. If a team is fishing all 6 tournaments
in multiple divisions, they may pay and skip one tournament in each of the divisions. Teams having additional schedule conflicts after paying, skipping and receiving participation point as noted above may drop a second tournament but are required to fish a total of 8 tournaments, 4 tournament in one division (one can be a pay and skip) and 4 made up from other divisions, to be eligible for the Classic.
24. Unless worked out with tournament directors in advance, teams must be present to claim their prize and/or cash.
25. All alcoholic beverages and drugs are prohibited at all times.
26. Tournament “hours” begin the moment a team arrives and does not end until the last prize has been handed out.
27. Failure to comply with any rule may result in disqualification.
28. All protests must be given to the Tournament Directors in writing within 5 minutes of weigh-in scales being closed. Rule interpretation will be determined by the Tournament Directors and their decisions are final.Classic Rules and Boat Order
There are two ways to qualify for the Classic. Each division will follow this criteria:
- Any team who has participated in all 6 regular-season tournaments from any Division automatically qualifies regardless of their finish in the Year-to-Date Standings.
- The top 50% of teams from an average field of their division's final standings will qualify for the classic. For example, if the division averages 51 teams per tournament, the top 26 teams in the standings will qualify. A team who finished higher than 26th place but participated in all 6 divisional tournaments still qualifies.
- However, tournament directors do not count. If directors are fortunate to finish in the top 50% they will not take a team out of the Classic. Hence, in the example above, if directors finished 5th placeoverall, the top 27 teams would actually qualify.
- The starting order will be determined by the Standings. The team standing in 1st place in the division with the highest average turnout will be boat 1. The team standing in 1st place in the division with the second highestaverage will be boat 2 and so on.
- New for 2018, if one individual of a team cannot attend the classic, the remaining member can partner up with a member of another team who also has a team member that cannot attend. They may fish from the same boat, but not as a team, each individual will weigh in their catch to count as their team’s weight.
- Also New for 2018, a team that fishes a total of 8 tournaments, 4 tournament in one division (one can be a pay and skip) and 4 made up from other divisions, is eligible for the Classic.